Asheville has seen a new-construction boom in recent years, thanks to an influx of buyers looking for fresh, modern, green or more centrally located homes in popular neighborhoods. While it’s easy to believe that a newly built home translates to a headache-free real estate transaction, new construction carries its own set of cautionary guidelines. Finding an agent who can navigate the ins and outs of a new-construction purchase is key to getting the best out of your experience. The agents at Mosaic Community Lifestyle Realty have the knowhow to guide you through the process smoothly, eliminating the headaches that can come with venturing into unfamiliar territory. Below, a few pointers to get you started:
- If you’re purchasing a home before or during construction, make sure the building specifics are adequately defined so there is no question about finishes. A Mosaic agent can clue you in to which details you need to know – floor plans and spec sheets are but two of the specifics – and from whom to secure the information.
- If the seller or builder is perhaps just starting out and lacks some experience, you will want the due diligence period to run beyond completion of construction. That way, you have time to terminate the deal if the house is not completed to spec.
- Did you know that even if you’re building a new home, you should still be ready to perform a regular home inspection and radon test? While green-built homes already come radon-tested, other types of new-home construction may not.
- Newly constructed homes don’t generally come with things like mailboxes or bathroom hardware – think towel rods and toilet paper holders. An adept agent will know what to look for on spec sheets, and can help you determine which missing pieces you’ll need to supply yourself.
- Always make sure you have a one-year warranty as part of new construction. A Mosaic agent can help you nail down the right contract or addendum to protect your new investment.
- Did you know you can pay for blinds or window treatments but have the builder install them? A knowledgeable agent can help you think through ancillary items like these that you may want to add on during construction of your new home.
Tips like these are only a start; if you’re ready to build or buy a new-construction home in Asheville, and want a thorough plan and expert direction that thoughtfully encompasses all of your needs, contact Mike Figura at Mike@MyMosaicRealty.com or call him anytime at (828) 337-8190, or get in touch with any of Mosaic’s selling agents at firstname.lastname@example.org.