When it comes time to buy or sell your home in Asheville, having a seasoned agent well-versed in the intricacies of real estate transactions and negotiations is crucial to getting the best results. The agents at Mosaic Community Lifestyle Realty have the knowledge that comes with industry experience, but beyond that, knowledge of the market specific to Asheville. Did you know a Blue Ridge view can add thousands to a home price? Or that floodplain maps, which can adversely affect property values, are shifting at a significant rate? Mosaic agents can offer you guidance on these and a range of other logistics as you set out on your real estate journey. Following, a few tips to get you started:
· When selling a home, it’s key to cut utilities off after the day of closing, and no sooner. Power needs to stay on in case the closing is delayed for things like last-minute walk-throughs.
· A thorough comparative market analysis will help you get the most for your home: A Mosaic agent can closely examine nearby sales for comparable finishes, size, views – the list goes on. Knowing how to price competitively, especially in hot markets like West Asheville, will help keep your property from stagnating.
· Did you know that soil stability can affect property values? If a home is on a steep slope, as many in the Asheville area are, or on a flood plain, it’s important to obtain tests by a geotechnical engineer to assess soil stability. A Mosaic agent can point you in the direction of reputable firms to assess potentially problematic land, saving you headaches down the road.
· When you’re in the market to buy a home, it’s extremely important to know what surrounds your preferred neighborhoods: Will your home be near an environmental waste site or sewer plant? Which industries are – or could potentially end up – nearby? Is flooding a possible risk? Relying on a knowledgeable Mosaic agent to steer you away from problematic properties can give you peace of mind during your house hunt.
· Beyond the basics of getting home inspections, radon studies and well and septic field tests, it’s important to dig deeper: If a home smells even the slightest bit moldy, for example, don’t dismiss it. An inspection is imperative, as is finding and addressing the source of the water problem. Getting the highest-risk issues inspected first is key to avoiding unnecessary costs.
· Carrying out a real estate deal that involves an HOA brings its own set of logistics. Part of due diligence involves examining the health of the HOA, especially with condos and townhomes. A Mosaic agent will examine the budget, bylaws and rules, and verify possible restrictions on everything from rentals to pets.
These are just a few of the many areas Mosaic can cover with you as you embark on your Asheville real estate experience. For more tips like these, or to find a Mosaic agent suited to your specific needs, please contact Mike Figura at Mike@MyMosaicRealty.com or call him anytime at (828) 337-8190.
Search: Real Estate in Asheville
Explore: Mosaic Realty Agents