As Asheville and Buncombe County adjust to the mandated “Stay Home, Stay Safe” directive (effective until April 9, unless otherwise amended), you may be wondering how to (or even if) you can successfully navigate the real estate market as a buyer or seller. Mosaic Realty has quickly calibrated operations to conform to the changing climate, for the safety of our clients, our agents and our community, while at the same time continuing to make the experience as smooth and successful as possible. Here’s what you can expect when working with us:
If you’re in the market to buy a property in Asheville:
- Know that agents aren’t currently allowed to conduct physical, in-person showings of properties.
- Your Mosaic agent will continue to send you listings as usual, and you can let them know which ones pique your interest.
- After letting your agent know which properties you’d like to “see,” he or she will send you any video walkthroughs that aren’t attached to the listing (agents are still working to get these done for all area properties) of those properties, along with floor plans and any other pertinent info that will help you to best experience the properties.
- You can do a drive-by of homes you are interested in.
- In some instances, if a home is seller-occupied and the seller is willing, he or she may be able to give you a live video walkthrough.
What you should expect once a deal is in place:
- Once you are under contract (with as long as possible due diligence period recommended), we can get a home inspector in to do a general home inspection of the property, radon test and the like. Inspectors are asking that they be unaccompanied, but they can do a video call walkthrough to point out concerns with you and your agent once they are done.
- Mosaic can execute all contract elements electronically, including signatures.
- Your loan will most likely take longer to process; we will speak to your lender for definitive information on this.
- It is advisable to ask for an extended due diligence period to accommodate the longer loan-processing time (length of due diligence will be primarily driven by what your lender says). A longer DD period will also allow for the possibility that the situation may improve enough to let you view the home in person before the expiration of DD or, at least, before closing.
If you’re in the market to sell your Asheville property:
- A Mosaic agent can list your property now and visit it in person, but will ask that you leave the home during the visit. You and your agent can have a conversation about the house outside of the home.
- There can be no in-person showings to buyers or buyers’ agents.
- Once you have a signed listing contract with Mosaic, your agent can have a photographer, videographer and floor plan/measuring consultant come to the property and take photos, record a video walkthrough, and create a floor plan of the property to market it in the MLS. You will be asked to leave the house while those service providers are inside.
- Buyers' agents will show the property to their clients via listing agent-provided video walkthroughs, photos and floor plans.
- If you are technically proficient, you may be asked to provide a live video walkthrough for serious buyers and their agents.
- Once we receive an offer, Mosaic will negotiate and execute contracts just as we always have, via email, phone calls and electronic signatures.
Search: Asheville Area Real Estate